Make your flu shot appointment today!
WHY GET A FLU SHOT?
The best way to protect yourself and your loved ones against influenza (flu) is to get a flu vaccine every flu season. Flu is a contagious respiratory disease that can lead to serious illness, hospitalization or worse. CDC recommends everyone six months and older get an annual flu vaccine.
Lexington Clinic is providing our patients, 5 years and older flu shots. Please call your provider’s office today to make your flu shot appointment at their office.
What are some key reasons to get a flu vaccine?
- Every year, flu vaccination prevents illnesses, medical visits, hospitalizations and deaths.
- Flu vaccination is also an important preventive tool for people with chronic health conditions. For example, flu vaccination has been associated with lower rates of some cardiac events in people with heart disease.
- Vaccinating pregnant women helps protect them from flu illness and hospitalization, and has also shown to help protect the baby from flu infection for several months after birth, before the baby can be vaccinated.
- While some people who get vaccinated still get sick, flu vaccination has been shown in several studies to reduce severity of illness.
Why is it important to get a flu vaccine EVERY year?
- Flu viruses are constantly changing, so flu vaccines may be updated from one season to the next to protect against the viruses that research suggests will be common during the upcoming flu season.
- Your protection from a flu vaccine declines over time. Yearly vaccination is needed for the best protection.
*Information provided by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention.