Fergus Hanson Memorial Scholarship
Lexington Clinic Announces 2013 Fergus Hanson Memorial Scholarship Recipients
2013 Applications are closed, please check back in the fall for 2014 Application dates.
Named in honor of Fergus Hanson, Lexington Clinic’s second and longest-serving administrator, the Fergus Hanson Memorial Scholarship fund provides scholarships in allied health sciences to Central and Eastern Kentucky students. Applications for 2013
will be due Friday, March 8, 2013. The 2013 Fergus Hanson Memorial Scholarship review is now closed.
Please check back for the 2014 deadline schedule.
All applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be a resident of Kentucky and reside within Central or Eastern Kentucky.
- Earn a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Show evidence of financial need.
- Show promise of academic achievement.
- Select a career in a health-related field other than dentistry or veterinary medicine, studying at an accredited program.
- Plan to work in Central or Eastern Kentucky upon graduation.
- Provide evidence of good character and willingness to help others.
- Scholarship awards are available for students enrolled in allied healthcare-related training programs. Students pursuing dentistry, veterinary or medical doctor careers are not eligible for these scholarships. Full and part-time students may apply. Applicants may be currently enrolled or just beginning their studies. Individuals applying to a pre-program track (e.g., pre-chemistry, pre-pharmacy, pre-physical therapy, etc.) are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Funds will be granted on an annual basis, but paid on a semester basis. All funds will be paid directly to the school or college.
- Recipient must maintain a grade point average of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale, continue in school, and continue to pursue a health-related career to receive funds for the second semester.
- Scholarship recipients will be selected by the end of May. A letter will be sent to each applicant regarding the decision of the selection committee.
- Individuals who received (won) the Fergus Hanson Memorial Scholarship in the past two consecutive years are not eligible to re-apply. Those who have won two years in a row are required to wait one year to re-apply. Hence, if you won in 2011 and 2012, you are not eligible to apply in March, 2013. You could, however, apply in 2014.
Applications are due Friday, March 8, 2013
and must be either postmarked on or before March 8, 2013 OR hand-delivered to our office by 4:00 p.m. on March 8, 2013. No faxes or emails will be accepted.
Attn: Fergus Hanson Memorial ScholarshipALL of the following information should be included:
Lexington Clinic Foundation
350 Elaine Drive, Suite 100
Lexington, KY 40504
- A completed application form
- A written narrative – maximum of one typed, double-spaced page – explaining your qualifications, your need for the scholarship and your reasons for your healthcare career choice
- Two sealed completed questionnaires, one from a school official and the other from a personal reference Questionnaires may NOT be from a relative
- Official signed and sealed high school transcript or GED certificate. Printouts from the internet are not acceptable.
- A copy of SAT or ACT scores, if applicable
- Current official signed and sealed transcript of college academic record, if applicable. Printouts from the internet are not acceptable.
- Signature on Media Release Statement